Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Another Lump!


Scripture of the Day

II Corinthians 1:3-5
Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort; who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort where with we ourselves are comforted by God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ





January 6, 2012
It was easier to tell the kids this time about the 2nd lump I have found. Bryan sounded ok. It’s hard to tell about Emily since all was done by text message. Evan sounded upset.
I sent everyone here at school a text message because I didn’t want to have to come in today and tell it over and over again and cry. I don’t know if I saved myself that problem or not. I’m on the verge of tears right now sitting alone at my desk.
I really hated telling Johnnie. Last time after I told her she found out about Lucky’s cancer a few days later. Same now only backwards, Lucky has some sort of rare illness that has him bedfast. He can’t do anything for himself. And now I’m sharing mine. I hope, Like Lucky, I’ll recover. I pray its scar tissue.
I run for life keeps going round and round in my head. It’s a song by Melissa Ethridge…and that phrase says it all. I am running for life.

This lump feels like a small ball bearing. Shame on me, I googled what a breast cancer tumor should feel like. That’s what they described. But it still may be benign. 

April 29, 2014
It's been 2 years and 3 months. I went yesterday for my 6 month check-up with my oncologist. The fear does not go away completely, especially when things like these doctor's appointments are on the horizon. What if they find something? I saw something on Facebook about being strong. The funny thing is that just earlier that day, I told the Lord that sometimes I just get tired of being strong and facing the fear. But all in all, I have no choice. I have to be strong. I know that I can do this again if they find something. But all things being said and done, of course, I don't want to have too.  

I think the most important thing you can do for yourself is keep thinking positive, even if it is very hard to do. I still can't listen to the sone  I Run For Life without crying. But it does lift me up as well. If you have something that does the for you, use it. USE IT. 

I did get a clean bill of health today. That's good, but I didn't realize that I would be seeing her every 6 months for 5 years. That was a surprise. The lump I found back then is still here. I still have it.

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you.'

No comments:

Post a Comment