Friday, May 2, 2014

Great News and Life Goes On

Scripture of the Day:
Psalm 30:2 
 O Lord my God, I cried unto Thee and Thou hast healed me




January 8, 2012

On January 7, Emily insisted on skyping with us. At Stony Creek, the streaming was awful. We kept getting kicked off. But she kept calling back. This was just strange. She finally said she had something to tell us. So we Skyped without video. I think that disappointed her. She wanted to see our faces when she told us she was pregnant. I screamed and David was talking to his mom who wanted to know what was wrong. She was as excited as we were. I tried not to cry. But I couldn’t. Emily asked “are you crying, Mom?” I said “ I sure as hell am!” She had told us that she may not have children. This was completely out of the blue. Now having this lump be scar tissue takes on a whole new meaning!!


May 1, 2014

Those lumps really scared me, but that became two-fold when she announced her pregnancy. We had planned to go to visit her in Germany the summer of 2011 and couldn't because of the cancer and chemo treatments. Now I was afraid we'd not be able to go and visit when she had this child because these lumps would end up being something we had to deal with first. I was terrified.  

Luke is now 19 months old and we went for his first birthday in September 2013. Keep the faith, it will all work out.

I heard yesterday of a movie that will come out tomorrow, May 2, 2014. It's called Decoding Annie Parker. This is a movie about the doctor and the patient that discovered the gene that proves that breast cancer can be hereditary. Mine wasn't but a large number of people who have this disease did inherit it.

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment