Friday, June 20, 2014

God Let Me Know He's There


Scripture of the Day:

Proverbs 3:8 (NLT)

            Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones




February 27, 2012

Tomorrow is the anniversary of my biopsy. As I’ve said before, this is not an anniversary I particularly want to celebrate even though I should. Yesterday, the service at Tabernacle Baptist Church seem to be all about me even though we all know lots of us get the same message for whatever reason. But breast cancer was actually mentioned. I’m not the only one in the congregation that has it. Pastor Baker talked about trusting God and His infinite wisdom and trust that He won’t desert us. One of the hymns was Standing on the Promises of God. This was the first hymn that spoke to me a year ago. What an awesome feeling to know  He was right  there beside me yesterday.

Am I still sad? Yes. Do I feel like celebrating yet?  Not really. But do I feel like I’m in the arms of Jesus and he’s encouraging me? Yes and Amen. Today is the first time in a couple of weeks that I don’t spend a few minutes out in the car crying before I start my day.
There were also things said in the sermon that made me feel right about retiring. I’ve often thought if I’d known then what I know now, I might have picked a different career. Well, I know now that the opportunities are out there and God will put me where He wants me.


I just watched Joel Osteen. It was the same thing – a message for me. It was much the same, except when you think about your problem, look down. It’s under your feet. I liked that phrase. 

June 20, 2014

It's been over 3 years since this time in my life and I still am not thrilled when those anniversaries roll around. But it is neat to read this again and remember what an impact God had in my life then. And He still does. I am never alone and it feels wonderful. 

I have started getting out and exercising at the local gym. I am enjoying that. I'm meeting new friends and working to stay healthy. 

We had cancer insurance that I bought because I used to smoke. I figured I'd get lung cancer. I carried this for almost 20 years before we had to use it. We were discussing policies and whether we should keep them. I am just not secure enough about my recovery to let that one go. My husband, David, was great about it. If it gives me some kind of security, then we keep it. As a cancer patient, I am now uninsurable. I can't get life insurance or elder care insurance or any medical until I've been cancer free for 5 years. I have 2 to go.

April 21, 2016. 
I have had my oncology check up and my breast surgeon check up for April. I will come due again in October. To important things will happen at that time. With my oncologist, I have been given the choice to get off of the Letrozole. I get to choose. I have taken aggressive action with my treatment of my breast cancer. But I'm pretty sure that I will choose to get off of this medication. The side effects are hard to live with. I will have to visit my oncologist once a year forever.  

With my breast surgeon, it should be my last appointment. I will not have to go back there any more. Just look where God has brought me!!

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment