Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I'm Their Hero?

Scripture of the Day:

Psalm 107:20 (NLT)

He sent out His word and healed them, snatching them from the door of death.



February 24, 2012

I have a friend that I was close to when we were stationed in Orlando. We’ve kept in touch off an on through the years, but I haven’t heard from her in a while and all the numbers  are disconnected and the emails return.  I miss her and I haven’t been able to tell her about this or find out how her family is doing.

There are so many thing that I don’t understand. People call me there hero. I don’t know why. I just don’t feel like I’ve done something heroic. I’m just surviving. People ask me how I’m doing and my answer is “I’m tired, but it’s all good.”  My friend Brian asked me how I was doing and that was the answer I gave him.  He said that I wouldn’t tell him if there was something wrong.  He was smiling and I took it to mean that I never complain. That’s not really true either. But it was nice of him to say. Emily (my daughter) says I’m fighting this like a trooper. I just don’t feel like it.

June 18, 2014
I still have not found my friend and keep looking. I still miss her. 

People still say I'm their hero and I still don't get it. I didn't have a choice in this matter. Death was not an option, so I did what I HAD to do.  I don't see that as heroic. But if I can be a role model to anyone at all, then I feel good about it.

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment