Thursday, March 10, 2016

Looking for Normal

Scripture of the Day:
Matthew 8:7
            And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.


March 14, 2011
It was almost a normal weekend. David went with me to Myke and Leanne’s to have the dogs groomed. After that, things were normal. It was easy to ignore issues when normal things are happening. One of the eaglets hatched yesterday. I made a dent in the wing of the Angel of Hope. Read some as well. Still can’t get warm. Skyped with Emily. I have two questions for Sanoma…1. How long between surgery and implant surgery and 2. Can we get my daughter home?
October 23, 2013
When I had anything close to normal, it was a precious thing. I read a lot, I love to cross-stitch, we had eaglets being monitored in the Norfolk Botanical Gardens at the time and I watched them daily on the internet. I am a retired special education teacher. As a SPED teacher, I maintained the paperwork and class schedules and such for my caseload. I never imagined that I would end up on someone's case load. That was Sanoma's role in my health care. She was my case manager and I was part of her case load. She helped me manage all of my appointments (and they seemed to be legion) and make sure that all lab work and such was scheduled for me. She helped me to go through Red Cross to get my daughter home from Germany. Emily wanted to come home to be with me and David for the surgery. Now I think I can understand sort of how my students felt. If any of this is part of you journey, let them help you. If you have any questions, ask them.  If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with his healing touch. I know He loves you.

March 9, 2016
I have made it to my 5 year anniversary. As I re-read what I wrote, I can say that I still agree with it. My 'normal' has chanced since then, but trying to look for what I called those normal moments helped keep me sane. 

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with his healing touch. I know He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment