Thursday, June 16, 2016

Myths and Truths

Scripture of the Day:

III John 2: 2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.


Every year we hold a family reunion. At these reunions, each family makes a quilt block, that my cousin Sonia makes into a quilt for the next year. We usually raffle the quilt off. This year (2011) they gave it to me. Thank you Sonia and family.

There are so many articles out there about one thing or another having to do with breast cancer.  You really don't know what is true and what is not. The following article is about the myths of breast cancer. Some of what it claims actually surprises me. The link for this article is at the end of the page. When you go to the site, each of the numbered items is a link. For more information, I recommend you go to the site to take a closer look at each item. Each of the blue colored items is also a link and some will take you to pertinent information and some to advertisements. If you hold your cursor over the words, you can see what you are going to. I'm not sure I agree with all of these. I can tell you that I know of a number of people that found their lump using the self exam. How they can discourage us from keeping an eye on our own body is unbelievable to me. 

31 Myths and Truths


WARNING: Hearing the truth about breast cancer may surprise you. And it should motivate you.

It’s time to move beyond awareness to action. It’s time to peel back the pink to see what’s really happening in breast cancer research, treatment, prevention and cure.

Our breast cancer myths and truths are backed by science, documented by credible and trusted sources and chosen because they are often misunderstood by or misrepresented to the general public.

We challenge you to become educated, speak up on behalf of women and men everywhere and take action to end this disease. We also call on you to help us spread this message to people you know: friends, family, coworkers, anyone who cares about ending breast cancer.

We will show you the way and give you the tools to get involved and make a difference.

Please join us.


If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch, I know he loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment