Friday, September 29, 2017

How Do I Get Help?

Scripture of the Day:

Luke 9:1 (NLT)


            One day Jesus called together his twelve disciples and gave them power and authority over all demons and to heal all diseases.




How do I get Help?

I was very fortunate when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I am a Navy dependent and they covered everything. I also carried and extra insurance policy that paid me, not my doctors. As a smoker, I fully expected to have problems with my lungs. I never dreamed the cancer would be breast cancer.

There are a lot of costs that patients incur to fight this disease or any cancer. You'll need to pay for your hospital or clinic visits. There is all the testing. In the first month before my mastectomy, I went to the doctor for consultations and testing 16 times. You'll have to pay for surgery if you choose that direction and the medicines that inevitably go with it. There are procedures such as having the implants or getting the nipple tattoos. You'll need to pay all of the doctors and any home health service that you may need depending on the severity of you cancer. How will you pay for all of this?

I googled "Help from the American Cancer Society". I came up with an article that was in my opinion very helpful. It talked about social workers that could guide you through the process and how to find one. It discussed housing, caregivers, regular household bills, travel, food, internet access and other expenses. I was actually surprised to find that they help with so much. I'm sure you have to go through some kind of process to again access to the assistance. But if you need help, the help is out there. The link to this particular website is as follows:


It is not the only article out there. 

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment