Monday, October 2, 2017

Race for the Cure



Scripture of the Day:
1st Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the hill, that we being dead to sins, should live by righteousness; by whose stripes ye are healed.


Race for the Cure

October is Breast Cancer Month. It is the time to make people aware of Breast Cancer and encourage mammograms and giving for research. I know that some don't like Susan G. Koman Foundation, but they do good work in research. They are not the only ones that do the research. The American Cancer Society also is great. They have the Relay for Life. But this month it is Race for the Cure. You can find a race in your area by Googling "Race for the Cure". This is the race if Va. Beach this year. 

Komen Tidewater Race for the Cure®


Saturday, October 14, 2017
Virginia Beach, VA
Tidewater Affiliate
(757) 490-7794
office@komentidewater.org

Here's one in Ohio:

Komen Athens Race for the Cure®


Sunday, October 15, 2017
Athens, OH
Columbus Affiliate
(614) 297-8155
info@komencolumbus.org


I've done these races and my family came and did it with me. It was lots of fun. 


If you don't live in the United States, you can still find a race where you live. The following link is for International Races:


One in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. Please find a Race for the Cure. I don't want one of those 8 women to be my mother, daughter, daughter-in-law, or granddaughters. Or any of my family members or friends. But if it does, I want a cure to be found for them so that they don't have to go through what I did. 

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with his healing touch. I know He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment