Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Yet more Doctors


Scripture of the Day:

Proverbs 3: 1-8

My son, forget not my law, but let thine heart keep my commandments: For length of days, and long life and peace shall they add to the. Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck, write them on the table of thine heart. So shalt thou find favor and good understanding in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all thin heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy navel marrow to thy bones.




January 10, 2012

I go for my ultrasound tomorrow. Ok, I’m scared. I got hugs from Susan B and Brian M. I got home and had 5 cards. They say “A contribution in honor of “… They came in the mail. So many others contributed, but the cards are nice. The others were from Kibbye, Tuesday, Jana and Gwyndra. I have to get all my get well cards too.
I’ve found a second lump in the same “breast”. I just found it taking a shower, so I check everywhere. That’s all I can feel so far. This one is over the implant.
I’ve been to my ultrasound and they found a third. One he was extremely confident it was scar tissue…more like inflamed suture. The other two he was unsure. They were going to biopsy them at 10AM. In the meantime, he spoke to my breast surgeon and looked at my MRI from March and my records and told me that he didn’t think the biopsy was necessary, that we’d ultrasound again in three months. So, I went with that. He said the MRI showed a healthy breast. The records from the mastectomy said nothing found in that breast…and noting had passed through the lymph nodes and I’ve had chemotherapy that would’ve gotten anything.

So why do I not feel happy? One thing, I now have a fourth doctor I’ll be seeing on a regular basis for a while. I have a breast surgeon, plastic surgeon, oncologist and now a radiologist. 

May 7, 2014
It upset me that the list of doctors I had to see on a regular basis kept getting longer and longer.  I was afraid that it was going to be my lot in life to see all these doctors forever. But I'm no down to just two, my breast surgeon and my oncologist. I've seen both in the last two months and I am still getting a clean bill of health. 

I still get scared just before an appointment. I'm afraid that they will find something and I'll start going through all of it again. So if you are feeling that way, I would say it's normal. I feel that way pretty much anytime I go to the doctor. Even if it's just for a cold. 

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment