Monday, February 29, 2016

A Memorial


Scripture of the Day:
“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”
2 Corinthians 1:3-4  



I may be totally out of line. But I felt pressed to add in this post. I was doing research for my blog and found a perfect topic and 2 articles. I read the first one and then went to the 2nd one. This was a very good topic and I saved the information for future use. I liked it so well, that I wanted to follow the blog of the writer. When I hit the "follow" button it took me to her memorial page. Her battle with breast cancer is over. It was very disconcerting and I felt very sad. I felt like I'd missed out on someone that could've been a friend and if not a friend, someone who's blog would've helped me in my journey. I don't have permission to use her name, so I'll just call her Lisa. 

Breast cancer makes us all part of a team. I came to realize that more so today in looking at this memorial. Although I didn't know her, I feel like we lost a member of our team. I had a friend ask me about a statement I made on Facebook about the disconcerting feeling. She shared a friend that also is finished with her battle. There are so many of us that are surviving. But there are just as many who don't.

God Bless You Lisa and from your memorial, you were certainly loved and certainly missed. I'm sorry I found about you so late.

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you.


No comments:

Post a Comment