Thursday, February 4, 2016

Marching on.

 Scripture of the day:
Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Isaiah 41:10
 
 
I'm coming up on another anniversary. After all this time, nothing has really changed. I cross from fear to gladness and back again.
I sometimes suffer from survivor's guilt. I know several that have not survived. I know several that had it worse than me. I often wonder why. Breast cancer still consumes me. No, it is not destroying my life. But you can't get dressed in the morning and not remember what you once looked like. When I'm down, I just count my blessings. My husband has been my steadfast supporter. I've heard of some whose significant other couldn't handle it and bailed on them. In fact, I met one woman that was determined to be a survivor just so her ex-husband wouldn't get her kids if she died. I'm for whatever motivates you to get through this. I had wonderful insurance. So it was not so much a financial hardship like many have to deal with. So in many ways I have boundless blessings that many don't. My fear is a reoccurrence. I still get nervous going to the doctor. I still go to my breast surgeon every 6 months and my oncologist every 6 months. I still have to take the cancer pill that has side effects that make it difficult. I hope that you have the support system you need and your  financial needs are met if you are going through this as well as your spiritual needs.
 
If you are making this journey like I am, may God bless on your road to recovery.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment