Tuesday, October 18, 2016

A Wonderful Milestone

Scripture of the Day:

“Whoever walks in the dark does not know where they are going.”
John 12:35 




I had a 6 month check up with my breast surgeon last Wednesday. The doctor told me that I don't ever have to come back. I have reached the 5 year mark. They gave me a certificate and a couple of gifts that made me just cry. They also, of course, said that I could call anytime and schedule an appointment if I had concerns.



I have to admit that part of this was bittersweet. I know survivor's guilt exists. I feel it now and then. As much as I love that I don't have to go back, I can't help think of those that are still fighting, who's struggle is a little harder than mine was or have lost the battle. 

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you.





No comments:

Post a Comment