Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Staggering Statistics


Scripture of the Day:

1st Corinthians 13:7,8

           
Love know no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust, no fading of it hope, it can outlast anything. Love never fails.




One in eight women, that is a terrible statistic. I have my mother, my mother-in-law, three sisters and three sisters-in-law. I have one daughter and one daughter-in-law and two granddaughters. It is disconcerting, to say the least, that the odds are at least one of these women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their life. 

Before my diagnosis, when breast cancer wasn't so much on my radar, I knew of one person with breast cancer and she did not survive. Since my diagnosis, one of my student's mother was diagnosed and she was gone in no time...less than a year. 

Since my diagnosis, I have found out about two family members who are survivors. I have five friends and acquaintances who are survivors and I have a friend who's mother was just diagnosed. Count them, eight people. 

According to the American Cancer Society, about 246,660 new cases of breast cancer will be diagnosed in 2016. About 61,000 of those new cases will be carcinoma in situ. This is a non-invasive and is the earliest form of breast cancer. They predict that 40,450 women will die of breast cancer in 2016.

These are horrible statistics and my personal statistic that I shared do not include family, friends, and acquaintances that are suffering from different forms of cancer. 

I cannot state this enough. Please schedule your mammogram and do the self checks. Your life could depend on it. 

If you are making this trip as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you.



No comments:

Post a Comment