Friday, October 5, 2018

What People Don't See


1st Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the hill, that we being dead to sins, should live by righteousness; by whose stripes ye are healed.




This drawing was done for me by my son.

My BC Team is a support group that I joined when I was first looking for support groups. They put you in touch with people close to you and you can help each other. I've found that articles also very helpful.

This little infographic hit home for me. It discribes everything that I have felt about breast cancer. I am much more open that most, but this was still hard. I like their analogy of an iceberg and What People Don't See. It lists:

Anxiety                  Burning Skin              Brain Fog (Chemo-Brain)
Depression             Fatigue                       Hairloss
Hot Flashes            Loss of Sex Drive      Menopause
Mood Swings         Neuropathy                Scars
Pain                        Swelling                     Worry

I would add a couple of things that were very real to me:
Survivor's guilt                Loss of feeling in breast and arms.

I found this information on My BC Team site. My BC Team - What People Don't See I would like to address some of these a little more in future posts. If I don't get to it as fast as you'd like, I would certainly go ahead and do the research.

If you making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you.


No comments:

Post a Comment