Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Find the reason to get out of Bed

Scripture of the Day:

Matthew 4:23   
     

And Jesus went about in all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people



March 7, 2012
            I had my oncology check on Tuesday and told her how hard the side effects were on me. I am switching to arimidex for a month to see if it’s better. I start it tonight after a couple of days off the leterzole. So I read up on it. It’s dangerous to pregnant women. They aren’t supposed to even touch it, let alone take it. That concerns me. When I was getting chemo treatments, I was supposed to flush the toilet twice so that I wouldn’t dispense any chemicals into the air. I’m thinking that I radiate this stuff from my skin. Emily who is pregnant may come home for Spring Break. I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to hug her or even hold the baby when the time comes. I’d stay on the leterzole and suck it up if that were the case. So I called the nurse at the cancer clinic. She assured me that it would be fine. I could hug my daughter and hold my grandchild when it’s born. Then she said, “You just can’t breast feed it!” …like I could! We both got a tickle out of that.
            I’m really tired and I’m thinking I need a day off. But I keep finding a reason to get up and go to work. I suppose that’s a good thing.


July 30, 2014
This was a very hard time. The cancer medicine caused me so much pain and still does. My bones, muscles and mostly my joints just ache. Different doctors have given me medications to help the pain. Those have side effects of their own. So, I don't take them. I'm at the point now that I don't really notice the pain all that much. I'm told that it will all go away when I stop taking it in 2 years. I cannot wait. 

I was able to hold our new grandchild and now she is pregnant again. This time it is a little girl. I cannot wait. She is due December 18, 2014. We'll be spending Christmas in Germany. There is always a reason to get out of bed.

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you.


No comments:

Post a Comment