Thursday, March 30, 2017

Cancer Free for 6 Years

Quote of the Day:
“Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul.” – Jim Valvano


Cancer Free for 6 Years

I had my double mastectomy 6 years ago Tuesday, March 28, 2017. Am I thankful? Yes. Did I celebrate all day? No. This is always a day of reflection for me. I remember that surgery like it was yesterday. After all is said and done, I still wish I hadn't had to go through it. 

Don't get me wrong. I am truly grateful to be alive and able to enjoy my husband, children and grandchildren.  But I want to let other survivors know that it ok to still be angry and scared that it could happen again. Cancer took from me that "it can't happen to me" syndrome. I have no problem with that except that now anytime there is a question mark, I know that it CAN happen to me. 

So yes, after 6 years I still have my moments of being afraid, I still have my moments of realizing how much things have changed.  But yes, I still celebrate that I'm here to have these discussions with God. I'm here to watch the power of prayer work in others that are going through the same thing. I'm here to hopefully be a role model for those who are going through a weak moment. If I can do it, so can you. 

Please add those on my prayer page to you pray list or chain. If there is someone that you would like me to add, please let me know

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment