Friday, February 14, 2014

God doesn't think crying is weak.


Scripture of the Day:

Blessed are those who mourn for they will be comforted. 
Matthew 5:4

There are many reasons to mourn besides death. I mourn for the loss of my breasts. But know that you will be comforted. When I look to Him I always am.





July 13, 2011
My neck and shoulders started swelling. I also have  a blister-like thing on my elbow.  We called Dr. Amy about the swelling. So, I went for an ultrasound yesterday to make sure I didn’t have blood clots. It turns out the swelling is not uncommon either. It’s not so bad today, but the bladder infection is back.

I sent my sister an email. Her husband is a preacher and they are deep in the faith. My question was, “Why is it when I hear certain songs or listen to Michael Smith or Amazing Grace by Celtic Women and just bawl?” Her response was, “That happens because it’s God’s anointed word to you right now, touching you… His way of speaking to your heart…and your way of responding…that’s what true worship is… is Spirit and in Truth,…the Bible says. That’s music’s intended purpose! From the beginning of creation. It’s just us humans that have perverted it at times.” Then I asked “…and the tears? Cleansing? What?” She said, “We are fearfully and wonderful made! Cleansing is necessary for both our body and our soul. Our spirit, too, but that is already done for us through Jesus work on the cross! Ah…Our peace! It’s only the other two parts that need ministered to daily, our body and soul.

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you.


February 14, 2014

I still cry at times when I listen to spiritual or inspirational music. It always gets worse when I get close to the anniversary of the diagnosis and mastectomy...and I am getting close to another anniversary. I should be happy and in the end, I am. But I can't help wishing that this had never happened even after 3 years. I wonder what it will be like after 10 years or 20 years.  Yes, I still have weak moments. It's ok. The following is one is a site about breast cancer awareness and what to look for. It includes a song that I always cry to by Melissa Etheridge, who is also a breast cancer survivor...I Run For Life...and I do.

Know What's Happening

No comments:

Post a Comment