Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My Last Chemo Treatment




Scripture or the Day:

Matthew 8:13

          The Jesus said to the Centurion, “Go you way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you.” And his servant was healed that same hour.




July 22, 2011

The sickness didn’t last as long this time, but other symptoms are still with me. My back hurts to walk very far.

Terri gave me the most beautiful survivor Christmas ornament and the “Class of 71” has stepped up for $225.00 so far.

We’re in Ohio for the Hayes Family Reunion. My last “woohoo” before my last chemo treatment on Tuesday. I know it’s my last, but Lord I wish I didn’t have to. Then I feel guilty because I know there are those who have ti worse than me. I am just so tired of all the side effects and these expanders sitting in my chest m, of no hair. Ok. I’ll count my blessings. That truly will keep me busy for a while.


February 19, 2011

That was a really special family reunion. Everyone wore pink that weekend for me. They kept telling me how beautiful I was being bald. I never got into the wigs and things. I would wear ball caps or nothing. I just couldn't handle the wigs. It's refreshing to know that if I ever have to do the chemo again, that I can live through it and not have to hide behind a wig. 

My niece, Tuesday, started a team in the Race for the Cure in October. My class of 71 donated money to that team in the amount of $225.00. I thought that was just wonderful. I'll probably mention it later, but I collected a lot of money for that race.

I can mention enough how important it is to do your self exams. If you think that it's not so necessary for you because there is no breast cancer in your family, you would be mistaken. There is no history of breast cancer in my family either. The link below will take you to a site that explains how to do the self exam and what to look for. Please bookmark it and use it.

Breast Exam 101

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment