Friday, February 7, 2014

Keeping Active



Scripture of the Day:

Philippians 1:6
God will bring to a flourishing finish.



*For every setback – God has already lined up a comeback.





July 7, 2011 

I had chemo treatment number 3. I slept pretty well last night. I only woke up once. I did get hot a few times though. Have to go in today to get my shot for the white blood cells.

David and I went kayaking with a tour on Monday in the ocean to see dolphin. We figured the last day before the next treatment, I’d be in good shape. I was. We had a good time. We had 3 guides and they kept checking on me. That was nice. We scared them out of a year’s growth when David accidentally dumped me in the ocean. A young lady lost her visor and David reached his oar to get it and we went over. I could hear the one guy yelling “no! no! no!”. All I was thinking is “He’s really gonna tip us over!”. Once I get out from underneath the kayak, I was fine. My hat amazingly stayed and I had one pair of earrings that should’ve come off and didn’t. We had no trouble getting back in the kayak. But we scared the leader to death. We also did see some dolphin. We didn't get to see close but it was still great.

We found out about this kayak special through an email that I get. I just got another for some cheaper mini-golf. Maybe, we should do that too. It keeps me active.

February 6, 2014
I remember we had a great time that day.


It was really fun and I felt like I had accomplished something that day. It was the first really strenuous activity I had done since the mastectomy. Even the mishap filled me with hope. I survived it and didn't lose any of my belongings.

I wanted to share a website for those who have just had a mastectomy. There are fashions out there that will be comfortable and make you feel pretty. This one is just an example:

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you.

I also maintain a second blog that keeps me occupied and entertained:

No comments:

Post a Comment