Friday, March 28, 2014

3 Years Cancer-free

Scripture of the Day:

Isaiah 53:5


But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him and with his stripes we were healed.



November 19, 2011
It’s been a month since the implants went in. It still feels like foreign objects in my body, although it is getting better. Dr. Taylor said not to buy new bras until about January. But I had to. Non of the bras I have fit any more. I don’t think about much of anything right now except the feel of these things on my chest.

March 28, 2014

Today I have been cancer free for 3 years. Has the fear left me? No, not really. I still see the scars in the mirror in the morning. So, it's hard for a day to pass and not think about what happened to me. Yes, when all is said and done, I would have liked this not to have happened. But make no mistake. I am a survivor and I intend to keep living my life that way. I have discovered how blessed I really am. God has given me so much in the last 3 years I look at life so much differently. Keep the faith. You can do this too. 

I still have to take my cancer medication for the next 2 years. I'm told that when that is done, the side effects will disappear within the month. I am truly looking forward to that. 

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with his healing touch. I know He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment