Friday, March 21, 2014

A Scare in the Hallways

Scripture of the Day:

Matthew 13:15 (NLT)
“For the hearts of these people are hardened, and their ears cannot hear, and they have closed their eyes so that they cannot see, and their ears cannot hear and their hearts cannot understand, and they cannot turn to me and let me heal them.”  



 November 8, 2011
Last Friday, Nov. 4th, I got elbowed in the left breast. This was just after getting back after having the implants put in. It was an accident. I couldn’t even tell you  who did it. It was an “ow” and move on down the hall and forget about it. This was around 9:00 AM as I stepped into a crowded hall of students after first block.
About an ho
ur later, I had the first really sharp pain. This was “Stop what youyr’re doing “ painful. It passed quickly,  though. But it happened again that night and tow more times Saturday morning. Then there was aching afterward and a serous hot flash. So we went over to Portsmouth Naval Hospital.

It didn’t take long to get taken back to the ER. We were there 7 hours. I had tow IV’s in my arm. One was a small needle. The other was put almost in my armpit. They needed to find that vein with an ultra sound. It was a much bigger needle and longer. They need it to put a stain that was going to help my cat scan. They had to do both IV’s twice. The doc mentioned how close the artery was. I was a little nervous about that. I kpe telling myself, at least I was in a hospi8tal already.

I had several of the pains and then  the hot flashes while we were there. They did an EKG. The nurse said it had a blip on it. They wanted to find the EKGs done in March and 3 weeks ago to compare. They did a chest x-ray and cat scan. They were able to rule out a blood clot, aneurism or heart attack…the most important things. So they let me go home with orders to see my doctor. I had that already for tomorrow. It will be interesting to see what Doctor Taylor has to say when I tell him about it.

He told us he was deploying to Afghanistan. I’m supposed to get nipples in 3 months and areolas 3 month later…or wait until he comes back in August.

I wonder if I’ve mentioned that I have to offset Tylenol ( kidney damage possible) with ibuprophen (possible liver damage). So many changes  and different wasy things are done.

March 21, 2014
I remember this. It was a very scary time. I remember that I took it to the administration and they let me leave the classroom a few minutes early to avoid the crowds in the hallway. I could leave the classroom because I was what is known as an inclusion teacher. I as a special educator would work with the general educator in the classroom to help at risk students and special education students to get and understand the material. I was very much less stressed by being allowed to avoid the crowds.

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with his healing touch. I know He loves you.



No comments:

Post a Comment