Friday, March 7, 2014

Concerned can be over helpfulo


Scripture of the Day:

Hebrews 12:11 (NIV)

          No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.



September 28, 2011
It’s been 6 months today since my surgery. I’ve joined a team for Race for the Cure. Tuesday set up the team. I am about $1850.00 short of reaching my goal of $5000.00. I’m getting my implants on October 18th. I should be out for a week.
We’ve been back in school about a month. It’s been kind of hard. I am refusing to accept my limits. It’s hard to decide what my limits are. I am doing everything I used to do and getting frustrated when people won’t let me. They won’t let me volunteer for anything. For example, I’ve done Thursday after school detention fro the last 2 years. I didn’t get a copy of the schedule this year. I kept asking the assistant principle in charge for a copy. She kept “forgetting” to get it to me. I talked to her at Open House and she assured me I wasn’t scheduled for the next  day, Thursday.  I finally got it…I’m not on the schedule. So I emailed her and flat out told her that I knew that I wasn’t on the list at all. No response.
I went to a survivor’s meeting last night. The guest speaker was talking about lymphodema. I’ve been having pain in my right arm. I just thought that Iwas trying to get feeling back or that I’ve used it a lot since school started. Now I don’t know. I have an appointment on October 7.
I have my dates for the implants – October 18. I go the 13th for the pre-op. I’m not as excited as I thought I’d be. Part says it’s because I’m getting tired of being poked, prodded and squeezed, stuck and cut.  Part of me is still wondering if implants are what I really want.

March 7, 2014
I do remember this. It was so frustrating when people "took care of me". I know they were just concerned and they meant well. But I really wasn't an invalid. No I could lift anything over 10 pounds, but that was it as far as restrictions. I couldn't make people understand that I was fine. If this is happening to you and you can't make them understand, just go with the flow. It will pass and count them as a blessing that they are concerned enough to watch over you.

Lymphodema is a problem that causes extremities to swell. There was one lady at the meeting that had it. She had to wear these really tight coverings on her arm. Mine ended up being healing taking place. I still can't feel a lot after 3 years in some areas, but some did come back.

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment