Monday, March 3, 2014

Three Years Ago Today

Scripture of the day:

Isaiah 12:3



With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.


March 3, 2011
They called about the results and asked if I wanted to discuss them now. I said no. but I knew.

Then I looked up fear in the Bible. The 2nd scripture I looked at said “Fear not Abram, I am thy shield and thy exceeding great reward.” Gen 15:1 I just sat there (at school) God – it’s only been 15 minutes sitting here scared out of my gourd and looked up. It’s only been 15 minutes. Time has stopped!
(Deut 9: 1-3) [Before we have a problem, God has the answer] He’s already taken care of it. He’s making your crooked places straight. Nothing will set you out of god’s hand.

Mr. Varney came in to observe me. I asked him not to and he said “You can do this, let’s just get it done”. I had been thinking of throwing in an educational video. But I went ahead and taught and got my evaluation done.

After School:
I called and got the news – invasive ductal carcinoma. She told me I needed another mammogram, surgery and MRI.
I went to talk to Susan. She told me that I wasn’t defined by my breasts. David got home around 3:30 or 4:00. I was just standing at the kitchen window looking outside. It was a cloudy gloomy day out there. He took it hard. Never in our wildest dreams did we envision the result of breast cancer.
After a while I started calling everyone. I put the kids off until last. It was the hardest thing informing everyone. They were all so upset. It was midnight when Emily finally found out.
It took David and Johnnie all of 10 minutes to make the leap to Dr. Brown 2 years ago.

Johnnie said she put God on notice that He was GOING TO HEAL ME! I called in sick to school. I couldn’t face the kids yet.



March 3, 2014
Three years ago today was the darkest day of my life. I try to stay upbeat, but I'm not always successful. I've worked hard to get where I am today and I won't stop, but all things being said and done, I would've liked the results of the biopsy had been different. 

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment