Friday, March 14, 2014

Getting My Implants

Scripture of the Day:

Hebrews 12:11 (NIV)
          No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it


October 29, 2011
We’re at Stony Creek. We haven’t been here in 3 weeks. I’ve had a couple of exhausting days! I’ve been so tired that I cried myself to sleep.
One thing I forgot to mention about the surgery is that I got a fat lip I also still have bruising from the attempts to get an IV in my arm. I had to use the fingernail polish remover to get the leftover tape off.
I’m going to have to buy new bras. I believe Dr. Taylor made me bigger than I expected to be . To me they still don’t look anything like normal. Dr. Taylor probably would not like to hear that. But hey still feel like a foreign body inside me. I’ll never have any real feeling in certain areas. Why women would consciously choose to do this is beyond me! And they don’t bounce! What’s normal about that? Dr. Taylor told me that in 6 weeks, I could go without a bra because “These babies aren’t going anywhere”.

March 14, 2014
Stony Creek is another home that we have out in the country. It was and still is my haven. I find a  peace there that I have found no where else. I have a friend who mentioned that she would like a place as a haven. I suggested for her the ocean. She lives near the Atlantic. I would go there often when David was deployed. Try to find a haven for yourself. Think of a favorite place close by and go there. 

I've said before the hardest thing for me was having all the decisions thrown at me at once. I didn't mention before was that I had to decide the size of the implants. I didn't know what to tell him. I didn't want to have to wear a training bra, but I didn't want what you'd picture on a pole dancer (excuse the analogy). I told him B cup as I was before. I'm thinking that I was never a full B cup. Now I am. 

Even now after 3 years, they still don't feel like anything but a foreign body. But I have grown accustom to them and they are mine. 

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment