Monday, January 6, 2014

Bald is Beautiful.

Scripture of the Day:

1st Theologian 5:16-17

            Always be joyful. Never stop praying.





Bald is Beautiful

June 8, 2011
My hair started falling out Monday after school. I ran my fingers through my hair and brought out a small handful. Then Tuesday morning, I watched my hair go down the drain.  I was pretty upset even though I knew it was going to happen. All day yesterday, I wasn’t much for a teacher or anyone’s company. Today is easier even though nothing’s changed. It’s thinning a lot in the back.  I watched my hair go down the drain again this morning and it looked like a little larger amount than yesterday. I brought my breast cancer ball cap to school. If it starts coming out in chunks, I’ll put that on. I’ve pretty much decided to wait ‘til there is an actual bald spot before I shave my head. The only saving grace is that this should be the last hurdle other than actually getting the implants.

But I am nervous about the left breast. The fluid didn’t completely drain way back when. Dr. Tayler doesn’t particularly like the situation, but won’t do another about it because of my defenses being down due to the chemo. He’s afraid of infection. I’m afraid it’ll happen anyway. My left side aches, or feels like someone shooting needles. It just doesn't feel right.

I spoke to Elaine Hogue (don’t remember her last name) about redoing our vows after the program on Saturday night. She said that would be ok.  But it’ll be close to 9PM. Can our moms last that long. I don’t even know if Diane is planning on going. May be ti would be better to do it in the afternoon at one of the lakes…Hammertown or Alma.
When I started losing my hair, it was done my back. To get used to have shorter hair. It was different.

January 5, 2014
I remember being so terrified about losing my hair. I'd already lost my breasts and now I was going to lose my hair, too? I had a lot of it to lose.


It was horrible losing the hair. But if you keep reading my posts, it did get better. I grew to appreciate no bad hair days.

If you are making the same journey that I am, may God bless with His healing touch. I know He loves you.

I also maintain a second blog. This is about the crafts and projects that keep me busy as a retired teacher. Keeping busy is important in my recovery.





No comments:

Post a Comment