Monday, January 13, 2014

Life Goes On with Weddings

Scripture of the Day:
 Mark 5: 36
            Don't be afraid just believe.



June 13, 2011
Friday we went to Michael’s wedding In Columbus, Ohio. Because of it, I didn’t get to visit much with Nancy (mother of the groom and my sister).  When David, Mom and I left we ran into a hell of a storm with hail.

Saturday we went to the park and had a pizza picnic. I ate before I went. I don’t do pizza on a good day. I’ve been having issues with greasy food. Pizza counts as greasy to me.
We went to the 175th birthday dinner for the First Presbyterian Church. It was nice. Afterward, David and I renewed  our vows in front of our mothers. Chuck officiated and he and Becky sang “Devoted to You” , the same song they sang the first time around.

January 11, 2014
I remember this very well. It was really the first time that I had been to a family function or event since this all started. It was good to go and have some fun and forget my troubles for a while. I do remember some foods bothered me. I can't say that it was because of the chemo or not for sure, though. 

We had been wanting to renew our vowels for a while. But it is really hard to get everyone together when we all live so far apart from each other. We plan to do it again the next time all of our children are in the same place. This one was for our mothers. 


I'm not quite bald yet in this picture. But from the time I started chemo-therapy, David kept his head shaved until I started growing mine back. 

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you.

I also maintain a second blog. This is my projects and crafts that I do to keep busy and entertained now that I am retired. I believe that keeping busy is really important in the healing process. 


No comments:

Post a Comment