Friday, January 31, 2014

Cost of my treatment

Scripture of the Day:

Deuteronomy 3:22


Do not be afraid of them; the Lord your God himself will fight for you.


Our God is and Awesome God; He reigns 






July 1,2011
The sores are still on my hands and although I can walk, my hands and feet still ache I’m having such a hard time sleeping and the feeling of a bladder infection they said I may have is awful. I walk and can feel my bladder bouncing, but I don’t pee very much when I go.

I read back through the scriptures that I was moved to write down. The first to move me was Genesis 15:1…Fear not Abram, I am they shield and thy exceeding great reward. Well, that has all come true. God has shielded, blessed me and made me whole again. I had this strong feeling that I would come out better than ever. I’m not perfect. I’m still a little too heavy. But my fingernails are growing again. That makes me wonder what else was wrong with my body that’s right now. I’m cancer free! But when I felt I’d be better than ever, I never dreamed it would be financially better too. We found out the cost of each chemo-therapy treatment is $30,000.00 plus. We were floored. Our military insurance takes care of it. Wow.

January 31, 2014
We were very fortunate and blessed. But think about those people who have to take chemo-therapy and don't have insurance. It doesn't matter if you have breast cancer, leukemia or any kind of cancer. Please consider donating to Susan G. Komen or Relay for Life or the American Cancer Society. There are all kinds of people out there that need help just to get the treatment they need.

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you. 

I also maintain a second blog that keeps me occupied and entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment