Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Count the Small Blessings Too

Scripture of the Day: 
Deuteronomy 33:27

            The eternal God is your refuge and underneath are everlasting arms; and He shall thrust out the enemy from before you.



June 22, 2011

The last three days have been awful. Sunday I was near the bathroom all day long. Monday was like before…but not moving around much. Yesterday I was tired and nauseated and emotionally like the Tuesday that I got upset about students only this time it was family members and I’m still upset. I don’t understand. 

We went to see Dr. Wilson yesterday. Now I know what that exam is like. She did the same thing as a breast exam only through the neck area looking for swollen lymph nodes.

It’s sad when you realize that your big accomplishment for the day is just getting out of bed. David called that a positive thing. I guess it was. I talked to a friend on face book who had breast cancer. She said she didn’t get out of bed for 3 days when the chemo symptoms hit. I was only down one day. So I guess I’m doing good. I need to learn to count the small blessings, too.

January 22, 2014
It's normal. I remember beginning to realize that what was happening to me was normal. You need to understand how much that realization was helpful. At first, I thought my symptoms were happening only to me. There was something wrong. I was sure of it. My chemo treatments were on Tuesday and I'd go through an emotional day. Then a day of being sick. I remember that was always on the weekend. That was good because I didn't have miss any work. I had already missed so much! Along with the sickness, I just didn't feel like moving. Talking to my friend was helpful in realizing the normalcy and having David to help me find the small blessings is and was a gift.

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you.

I also maintain a second blog about the projects that I do to keep me busy and entertained. 

No comments:

Post a Comment