Friday, January 3, 2014

You Will Have Really Rough Days

Scripture of the Day:

Psalm 94:22
But the Lord has become my fortress and my God the rock in whom I take refuge.






June 3, 2011 
Today is not a great day. I’m up, I’m at work and functioning. It’s a good day.

Psalm 94:22
But the Lord has become my fortress and my God the rock in whom I take refuge.
Lamentations 3:58
You came to my rescue, Lord and saved my life.

I’d rather walk with God in the dark, than alone in the night 

January 3, 2014
I had a really bad day at school that day. But I couldn't share these events here. What I would like you to understand is that I am a very patient person and I refuse to let my students get under my skin. One of the things that I tried to teach my special education students was that they shouldn't let other people push their buttons. Some of these students are easily annoyed. I tried to lead by example. I think I was pretty good at it. I've been told over and over that colleagues can't figure out how I do it. 

But on this day I didn't and it was very hard to take. I believe with all my heart the pressures that I had been under with the breast cancer undermined my strength to endure the classroom. I want you to know that you will have some really rough days. But after almost 3 years, it will get better. I even yet get tired of all the doctor's appointments, but I'm doing great.

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you.

I also maintain another blog that helps keep me sane now that I have retired. I do a lot of different projects to keep me busy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment