Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Early Detection


Scripture of the Day:
John 14:27

            “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.



January 15, 2014
I cannot stress enough the importance of early detection. It can mean the difference between life and death. It occurs to me that I could explain this better than I have in the past. My cancer was Stage 1 Invasive Carcinoma Breast Cancer., Estrogen Positive. I have to admit that I still don't understand what the estrogen positive means. My mammogram found it early in it's development. It was a tumor that was 1.6 centimeters big. In my breast surgeon's exam room, there is a chart that says it took this tumor 8 years to get this large!! When I say we found it early in it's development, that may be a misnomer. But even if I've carried it around with me for the 8 years, 1.6 centimeters is not as big as you think, about the size of a very small ball bearing. I say "my cancer was" because after almost 3 years, I am still cancer free. But you don't have to take my word for how important early detection is. Listen to the story about these twins. What courage!

Twins Battle with Breast Cancer 
If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you.

I maintain a second blog that keeps me sane and occupied. I believe the staying busy helps to keep you mind of things that is a waste of time to think about. These are projects that I do.
Gammie's Corner

No comments:

Post a Comment