Friday, January 10, 2014

Choosing to Cut my Hair before it falls out

Scripture of the Day:
Matthew 5:23

            Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven…



June 10, 2011
We’re in Ohio for Michael’s wedding. Wednesday night before we left, I decided to cut some more of my hair. We went to Super Cuts. The girl was as sweet as she could be. She cried with me. She cut it as short as David’s. David had his head shaved for me. As many times as I’ve seen him that way because he’d do it before he deployed, it has a new meaning this time. When we got here yesterday, Becky took pictures. They weren’t bad. The one of Marlee and me was really cute.


January10, 2013

My trip to Ohio was a long one. It is normally a 8 1/2 ot 9 hour drive. In order for the doctor to clear me to go, I had to promise to stop often and keep the blood flowing in my legs. My husband was NOT going to let me break that promise. We stopped at every road side rest along the way and parked as far from the restroom as we could get so that I'd have to walk. This is a habit that we continue to do even now. Marlee is my niece, the adopted daughter of my sister. I felt pretty good about my short hair. It wasn't as hard to get used to as I thought. 

I talk about David shaving his head before he deployed. If you don't know what that means, it means that he would be going out on his submarine for at least 6 months. In the Navy, you have to pass inspections. Submarines didn't have barbers, so he'd just shave his had and not worry about that part of his inspection.  It really did take on a different meaning when he did it for me. As long as I was bald, so was he. I even had a female cousin shave her head for me. I was so blessed by such loving and caring family. 

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you.

I also maintain a second blog about the projects that I do to keep myself occupied now that I am retired. Staying busy is important as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment