Friday, December 20, 2013

Deciding to have the Chemo-therapy

Scripture of the Day:
John 14:1
Let not your heart be troubled; Ye believe in God. Believe also in me.



May 14, 2011              
I wrote down John 14:1 yesterday. Turns out I already had it. But for it to come to me again is God talking to me. “Let not your heart be troubled” That’s the hard part. My oncotyping came back and of course, I was in the middle, just like I said I would be. So decisions to be made yet again. But there really isn’t a decision. I’m taking chemo like I got the double mastectomy. “Believe in Me”. I do Lord. That’s the easy part. I just feel like it just keeps coming over and over – what’s next? I tell people, “I don’t care”. It sounds fatalistic. But to me caring about this turn of events takes too much energy. I need to care about the healing process. And yet, I’m upset and depressed. But at the same time, it hasn’t been 24 hours since I found out.

Emily joined our team as a sleeper since she won’t be here. She’ll just collect money.

When I talked to Evan, he said the phrase I always so to them, “This too shall pass”. It made me smile.

I called Gwyndra. She gave me a feel for what to expect with chemo. It doesn’t sound so scary. She said when her hair started looking bad, she just had Mike shave it.

Susan G. Komen Tidewater chapter has a survivor committee. I’m thinking about joining. They could also tell me where to get wigs and turbans or hats.

December 20, 2013
If this is the first that you've read this blog, I took an oncotyping test to determine if I would benefit from chemo-therapy. It would either say I don't need it, I can't go without it, or be in the middle and I would have to decide. Of course, I had to decide. We were at the time and still are very agressive and proactive in my treatment, so we decided on the chemo. Gwyndra is my sister-in-law and she is a cancer survivor also. It was very helpful talking to her about the things that were about to happen to me.  I was very encouraged. 

I want to let you know that I will be taking next week off for the holidays. We also will be celebrating our 32nd wedding anniversary next week. If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch.  I know he loves you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment