Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Join in on the Race For the Cure

Scripture of the Day:
Numbers 6:24
The Lord bless thee and keep thee.
4/7/11 Not exactly scripture, but this morning on Facebook I was doing the status shuffle and this came up:

“I woke up this morning to God’s voice saying,” You are a mountain that will not be moved by man. Your soil is fruitful and solid. You will stand and grow at my will. “ (I like the last sentence). Amen 



May 13, 2011
It’s been a short week for my first week back to school. I came home so tired. Last night, I went to bed at 7:30 and didn’t want to get up at 4:30 this morning. We saw Evan last Saturday night. He and his band collected $600 for the American Cancer Society. Not to be out done, Tuesday created our team for Race For the Cure next October. She has called me so many times this week, I don’t bother to check caller id. I just answer. I joined the team for $30 and sent out emails to collect money or ask for people to join our team. Buddy and Frannie donated $50 ASAP.  David joined, too. Sara and Breanna and mom are supposed to join the team. Tuesday’s all gung ho on fundraisers. I told her to handle it and let me know where to be and when. We’ve designed several flyers to pass out. This should be interesting.
John 14:1
Let not your heart be troubled; Ye believe in God. Believe also in me.

December 18, 2013
I will be forever grateful to my family for the support they gave me. Evan is my son who was in a band at the time. Tuesday is my niece. She was so ready to take care of everything as far as fundraising went. She had so many wonderful ideas and we used most of them. I remember being really surprised when our good friends donated so quickly. At this point in 2011, I didn't have a whole lot of faith that we'd be raising a whole lot of money. Buddy and Frannie's donation to Susan G. Komen in my name gave me a lot of encouragement I needed. If you think you might want to put together a team for the Race for the Cure held every October in about every major city, now is the time to do it. It is a lot of fun here in Virginia Beach. The people who race dress up in the craziest out fits. Start now and do your fund-raising before it's too late. Google Race for the Cure in your area. I know the dates for 2014 are already out there.

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know he loves you.

I maintain a second blog. This is craft projects that I do to keep myself busy and entertained. You may find something you'd like to try. Gammie's Corner

No comments:

Post a Comment