Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I Met My Oncologist

Scripture of the Day:
Job 26: 13-14

            When God leaves us with a mystery that we can’t solve or explain, most of us go through desperate struggles believing He is good and fair. Cynic’s say, “You mean you’re going to trust God who allows this?” Realize, …cynics have no capacity to understand the unfathomable ways of God.



May 3, 2011
I had my first oncology appointment with Dr. Amy. They want and are doing a oncotype test that will give me the odds for reoccurrence. This is a 2 or 3 thousand dollars test that Tricare prime won’t pay for. So I have to find out if my cancer insurance will pay for it. Of course, I’m upset and then I found out mom fell. She doesn’t have any broken bones but they admitted her to Holzer Hospital.
I realize how afraid I am of normal things , like Jacob wanting me to pick him up. He had to climb himself up onto my lap. I’m not quick to hug anymore. I hate the new normal. Dr. Amy wouldn’t sign my back-to-work form. So I had to hunt down Dr. Wilson. 

December 11, 2013
I remember adding yet another doctor to my list of caregivers that I would have to visit. I do love Dr. Amy. She great and listens to everything I say. My insurance ended up paying for this oncotype test. That was good. What it would do was either put me in the "No Chemo" zone, the "Definately Chemo", or in the middle and I would have to decide. Well, of course, I fell in the middle.  But from the beginning we had been addressing my treatment aggressively and proactively. So I decided on the chemo-therapy.

At the time Jacob was barely 4 years old. It was really hard not to be able to pick up and hold my grandson. I come from a family of huggers. We hug anyone that will open their arms for us. So to stop hugging was hard too. But I have to say that I can and am a hugger again. 

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with his healing touch. I know he loves you. 

I also maintain a second blog. This blog is what I do to stay busy as a retired teacher. I love to craft and these are my projects. Gammie's Corner




No comments:

Post a Comment