Monday, December 30, 2013

My First Chemo Treatment

Scripture of the Day:
Ephesians 4:32

            Be kind to one another, tender hearted, forgiving each other just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.




May 26, 2011
I had my first chemo treatment Tuesday. I had no idea what to expect. I guess we got there at 11:00 AM and she said we’d be there 4 hours. So, David went home to get food and entertainment…a book, my tablet , and my kindle. The IV started with Zofren for nausea. It make me drowsy, so I slept some, read and played “angry birds”. When  we got done, we went to the mall and bought my first wig. It’s not really me. But I don’t think any will be. Emily wants to cut her hair and send it to me to be made into a wig. I have a prescription for one wig that insurance will pay for. I’m trying to figure out how to do that. I hope I can have it done.

Then I went back yesterday for a shot for my white blood cell count for some reason. I’m also taking some pill that started yesterday and I take it twice a day.
She said that after the shot, my joints would ache and they do. I ran home from school real quick for the stool softener. I feel really constipated rather than the loosener it said.

I felt so bad for David. While we were at the mall a bad storm came through. You could see the hail on the skylights of the mall and some window broke. When we finally left the mall, the tents outside where they were selling rugs had blown over and destroyed. We were worried about the deck chairs and the pool cover.  When we got home the chairs were on the cover, but the cover held. We lost enough roofing to let water into the house. He didn’t want to leave me alone after the chemo since we didn’t know what was going to happen. But he had to go buy tarps to cover the roof. So I stayed with Susan (my sister-in-law across the street) while he and Mark (my brother) took care of the roof. He’s so afraid that he’s not going to be there when I really need him.

We’re going home for Michael and Lauren’s wedding. I’m thinking that’s going to be a real emotional trip. Just talking to family by phone can bring tears. I am truly looking forward to going. I need my mom. She mad it home from the hospital yesterday herself. I’m glad for that. 

December 30, 2013
That first day actually took 5 hours. When I left I still had no idea what would happen. I felt fine at the time. I just remember being tired. If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless with his healing touch. I know he loves you'

I also maintain a blog of my craft projects. This is what keeps me sane in my retirement. Gammie's Corner

No comments:

Post a Comment