Monday, December 16, 2013

Find Reasons to Laugh

Scripture of the Day:
Daniel 10:19
And aid, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be stron, yea be strong and when head had spoken to me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my Lord speak; for thou has strengthened me.


This is another of those times when I want to share what I have seen on facebook. These are very moving sites that may give someone hope and courage. The first is a gentleman whose wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. He started dressing in a pink tutu just to make her laugh. I still remember the first time I had a gut wrenching laugh. It felt so good.  Tutu Project. This site also takes donations to help with medical costs for those who need it. I can tell you that chemo-therapy is VERY expensive. 

Robin Roberts on Good Morning America is my hero. She is surviving breast cancer and a rare blood and bone marrow disease. Because of her Good Morning America and the whole network went pink in October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. A news anchor on that show took a mammogram on the set to show that they are easy to do and don't take that long and doesn't hurt that much. This next site is her story. Amy Robach. Everything she says here is what I felt when I found out and had to tell my family.

This last site is Martina McBride singing her song about Breast Cancer. I cannot listen to it without crying.  I'm Gonna Love You Through It. Have you ever had a singer that just seems to sing about you? That seems to know what your going through and has a song for it.  This is another song that she seemed to write for me. Anyway. I first heard it when my husband and I went to Florida to see the dolphin that they made the movie Dolphin Tale about. Watching that animal without her tale was very inspirational for me. If she can go one with her tale, I can go on without my breasts.

If you are taking this journey as I am, may God bless you with His healing touch. I know He loves you. 

I maintain a second blog where I do craft projects. This keeps me occupied and entertained. I think that's important to anyone's recovery. Gammie's Corner


No comments:

Post a Comment