Friday, December 6, 2013

Let Others Help You

Scripture of the Day:
Genesis 22

            God calls Himself Jehovah, Jireh the Provider – when Abraham was offering Isaac and there was a ram caught in the bushes, he is also Jehovah Ropphe the Healer. There are 9 names of God in the Old Testament that describes what Jesus did on the cross.


April 26, 2011

I don’t know what to think. Susan says that I’m too flippant about my disease. I think she’s right. I still haven’t accepted that I am lucky enough to escape death from this thing. I don’t feel like I deserve the accolades and prayer I’m getting. God I’m so arrogant. It’s disgusting. Like I’ll go down in history as someone people can look up to or all these writing will become a book and make me money.  I don’t deserve any of it. I don’t deserve him (David). Lately, it’s been all about me. There are two of us in this. I’m not considering myself lucky enough. My intellect knows that I am…and given the same choices, I’d do it the same way. I’m thinking I need a support group. On the internet the only one that I have found are in Suffolk and Portsmouth. The only one close is for women under 50. I’m sure I could find one through Sonoma. And suddenly, I’m ready to get rid of all my dogs except Tucker. What does that mean, if anything.

Tina Moore just called. It was helpful. It was just what I needed. I just have to remember that what people do for me (and I’m grateful) helps them because they are helping me. I have to admit that it’s hard to realize that I have beaten death. I wish I could remember some or what Tina said. She did tell me about “Just wanting to be normal”

December 6, 2013,
If you're like me, you're the only one that can do it right. You're the only one that can get it done at all. You need to stop that. Those people that want to help you need to be able to do so as much for themselves as they need to for you. No one in you life wants you to have to go through this and they will want to help you as much as they can. You MUST let them. I am still amazed at what people would do or say to help me. But you also have to know when to gently say, I can do this. I didn't want to fall into the rut where I did nothing for myself. That is not good either. So we have to find that balance. I still have to. 

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with his healing touch. I know he loves you

Special Needs: Adoption Journey of an Older Couple this book is by my brother-in-law. It is getting great reviews. He and my sister have adopted 3 special needs children after their own had grown. If you are considering or know someone considering adoption, please consider a special needs child. They need forever homes, too.

I also maintain a second blog. It is called Gammie's Corner. Here I try different projects and then tell you how well I did or didn't do. These are my activities to help keep me sane and occupied. 

No comments:

Post a Comment