Friday, December 13, 2013

My Medical Bracelet

Scripture of the Day:
Joshua 1:9

            Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest. (You are not alone)



May 5, 2011

I had a fill-up today. It wasn’t as bad as last week for me. But David is having a hard time today. I went to school to turn in my release form. I was talking to Shirley and she made me realize that I’m still trying to be too much in control. I’m saying “bring on the chemo, let’s get it done!” But is that me giving God control or me maintaining control? I’m ready to go back, I think. I also now wear a medical bracelet that says “No BP No IV in Right Arm.”

December 13, 2013
The fill-up I'm talking about here is my expanders. Every week they put more fluid of some kind in to stretch my skin to accommodate the implants when it comes time to do that. You can see that I often question things, such as am I trying to be in control too much. God was always in control, no matter what I thought or expected. I still wear the bracelet. I'm told that IV or Blood Pressure cuffs could cause lymphodema, a lymphatic obstruction, a condition of the localized fluid retention and tissue swelling caused by a compromised lymphatic system. My breast cancer was on the right side and they removed lymph nodes on that side also to make sure that cancer had not left the breast and traveled into my body. It had not, thank God, but now my lymph node system on that side is compromised. I have to say that my poor left arm doesn't know how to handle all the activity. It has been used so much for IVs that they have a hard time getting one in there. 

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with his healing touch. I know He loves you.

I also maintain a second blog. This blog is about the crafting that I do to maintain my sanity as a retired teacher. I have to stay occupied. You may like some of my projects on Gammie's Corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment