Thursday, December 5, 2013

What Expanders Do.


Scripture of the Day:
Joel Osteen 2/20/11 
Hebrew 12:1

            …surrounded by great cloud of witnesses let us run our race. Saints of old, family that has gone before (Daddy, Grandma Hayes and Grandma Robbins, and others) cheering me on. You may be afraid but do it anyway. Job says double is coming your way. I am going to come out of this increased. Praise can bring healing.

April 25, 2011

I got my first expansion today. He said we have lost of work to do. I took at as it was going to be time consuming. Also Angel (one of our dogs) went to her new home. So I was emotional anyway. I just started crying. I told Dr. Taylor I just wanted to be normal again. He said this was all normal. I’ve noticed that he can sometimes be very dense.  Normal for me is if it had never happened. On the way home and since I seem to be going through the depression phase, I told David that if he asks what’s wrong with me and I blow him off- just give me a hug. My right breast is different to look at. It doesn’t really feel different.

December 5, 2013
Recovery from breast cancer is not an overnight event. It will take time and patience. After the surgery and the expanders were put into me, I had to go ever so often to have them expanded. This would stretch the skin and make room for the implants when it came time to do that. These are under my pectoral muscles and those need to grow to accommodate the implants. Realize your natural breasts are on top of your pectoral muscles. 

Because of the breast cancer, I gave up breeding cocker spaniels. I miss having the puppies, but because my daughter lives in Germany and I am retired and can travel to see her, it is easier not to start breeding again. I am free to take off and visit. We also had 4 dogs and decided that was too many to handle during recovery. So we let 2 of them go. Angel went to a great lady who has taken special care of her. I recently found out that they are moving to Florida and Angel has a special place in their hearts.

I listened to a lot of Joel Osteen at the time. During one sermon, he likened the "great cloud of witnesses" to bleachers in heaven with my family and friends that have go before, up there cheering me on. It was such a wonderful thought to realize that it's true. My dad, who left us in 1989, is probably the loudest of all and leading the pack. When I'm down, I try to remember my cheering section and find the strength to keep going and cheer myself up. 

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with his healing touch, I know he loves you.

Special Needs: Adoption Journey of an Older Couple this book is by my brother-in-law. It is getting great reviews. He and my sister have adopted 3 special needs children after their own had grown. If you are considering or know someone considering adoption, please consider a special needs child. They need forever homes, too.

I also maintain a second blog. It is called Gammie's Corner. Here I try different projects and then tell you how well I did or didn't do. These are my activities to help keep me sane and occupied. Gammie's Corner




No comments:

Post a Comment