Tuesday, December 3, 2013

How to do a Self-Breast Exam

Scripture of the Day:
Psalm 91:4

            He shall cover thee with his feathers and under his wings shat thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.


Self Breast Exam
I can't stress enough how important it is to keep up with your yearly mammograms and doing the monthly self-breast check' Early detection saves lives. I am living proof of that. What I have gone through is no picnic, but I am living and able to tell you about it. Please don't put it off. On the first day of the month, I have several things I have to do. I give me pets their monthly medication and I give myself a breast exam. Why do I have to do it, since I don't have any real breasts? They can't guarantee that they got every breast cell. It only takes one for cancer to start spreading. Since my mastectomy, I've found several lumps on my monthly check. Then I've gone and had them checked. They have turned out to be scar tissue or something else that didn't concern my doctors. But I had them checked. I will in lieu of a mammogram, get an MRI. I will never forget to schedule these. I have attached a link to a page that tells you how to give yourself the exam. If you are a man, you should do this too. Breast cancer does not discriminate. 


If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with his healing touch. I know he loves you. 


Special Needs: Adoption Journey of an Older Couple this book is by my brother-in-law. He and my sister have adopted 3 special needs children after their own had grown. If you are considering or know someone considering adoption, consider a special needs child. They need forever homes. too





No comments:

Post a Comment