Friday, October 11, 2013

October 11, 2013


Hello. My name is Tobie Davis and this is my story about my journey with Breast Cancer. This picture was taken in 2010 when I had all my hair and life was much more simple, knowing what I know now.

Scripture of the Day:
Genesis 15:1
...Fear not Abram, I am thy shield and thy exceeding great reward
This is the first scripture that made me feel a little better after I was told that I had Breast Cancer

January 3, 2011
I went for my regular mammogram in December of 2010. I went back for another look today because they found something suspicious. I wasn't afraid. That's happened before. But within an hour the hospital called and said I needed a biopsy. I still wasn't scared. That's happened before. I just didn't want to back to the same breast surgeon I had before. Her bedside manner was lacking. I wanted to be put out for the biopsy and she basically called me a coward and bullied me into doing it with a local. Up to that time, even giving birth didn't hurt that bad. At least, I had no illusions about birth pain. She truly deceived me about this.

But Portsmouth Naval Hospital did not approve the referral and I went there instead. ( My husband is retired Navy). I took all my x-rays with me. I don't know what these dates are for sure because I've come back to fill in this information. I decided it was important. It's part of the journey. The radiologist showed the before and after x-ray and the x-ray of what she removed two years ago. There were three dots in all three x-rays, including the after and there was nothing in the x-ray of what she removed from my breast. She said she got it!!! She didn't! So I was scheduled for another biopsy. This time they honored my request to be unconscious. This date I remember. It was exactly one month before the mastectomy - February 28th.
NOTE: Make sure that you like the doctor that will be your surgeon. There are good ones out there and I got one.


No comments:

Post a Comment