Thursday, October 24, 2013

Reasons supporting Mastectomy


 
 
Scripture of the Day:
Matthew 8: 16
And when evening was come, they brought unto Him many that were possessed devils: and he cast out the spirits with His word; and healed all that were sick.
 
 
 
March 15, 2011
We saw the radiation oncologist. He did take some of the fear out of radiation. My heart is safe and only 5% of my lungs get radiation.

12% reoccurrence with radiation

7% reoccurrence with mastectomy.

Driving home, we were talking about it and it occurred to me that at 58 it would be easier to have the bilateral mastectomy then if it reoccurs 10 years down the road. So that’s my decision.
October 24, 2013
As you can see, we got some stats from the radiologist that helped my decide on the double mastectomy. David felt that even 5% of my lungs was too much. Again, let say that I know those who have done radiation and come out just fine. This is just not I wanted for my body. The reoccurrence odds were considerably better with the mastectomy. And of course realizing that I am still young and will be able to recover from such radicle surgery than I would if radiation worked and 10 years down the road the cancer came back. 58 was how old I was when I was diagnosed. My attitude is to take the aggressive approach to ridding myself of this disease and that hasn't changed even today. If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with his healing touch. I know He loves you.
 
Teeny Tots Treasures I maintain two blogs. You may find this one of interest on a lighter note. The crafting that I do has also kept me sane.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment