Thursday, October 31, 2013

Breast Cancer Bracelets Banned in Pennsylvania?




Scripture of the Day:
Proverbs 3:8 (NLT)
 Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones.
 
 
 
October 30, 2013
 

 
This is the most disappointing news article that I have read about the any school district. You can read it yourself at the above link. It disappoints me on two levels. I am a retired special education teacher and it is upsetting that the administration cannot find it acceptable to allow young people to support breast cancer in their own way. The bracelets say "Save the Tatas" or "I ♥ Boobies". But if you never seen one of these bracelets the words do not stand out from the pink of the bracelet. You have to really look at it to see what it says. The fact that this school district is spending precious money on lawsuits to have these banned is a particular waste of resources. I am also the breast cancer survivor that these students are supporting. My license plate has a breast cancer ribbon and says at the bottom educate, advocate and eradicate. These students are doing the educating and advocating here. How do you know that one of them won't be the one to grow up and eradicate this disease? My niece gave my husband one of these pink bracelets in 2011 when this started for me. He has NEVER taken off. If this school district feels like they have money to spare, may they can donate it to the eradication of this disease. If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with his healing touch. I know he loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment