Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My Final Decision of Procedure is Made

Scripture of the Day:

Matthew 4:23
And Jesus went about in all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and preaching
the Gospel of the Kingdom and healing all manner of sickness and all manner
of disease among the people 
 
        
March 11, 2013
I think I have decided. I will probably have a double mastectomy. I’ll keep the appointments for information. But, radiation terrifies me. I’ve thought of something my family can do for me. What if I look at my chest and say Oh My God!!! What have I done? They need to keep telling me that I have done the right thing.
In the back of my head it’s still radical. But, someone told me of someone who had it done just because it happened to her mom her sister. Nicole said they want her to because she has the genetic factor.
10-22-2013
I look at my chest every day in the mirror. I don't ask myself, "What have I done?". I know I did the right thing for me. But the scars are still there and all things being equal, I wish they just weren't there at all.  My family too this day tell me that I did the right thing. Having it reinforced that way really helps me. My husband is a nuclear engineer and he didn't like the radiation idea, as I recall, because the angle of the radiation could not avoid hitting my lungs.  I am an ex-smoker and I don't know what kind of damage I have already done to my lungs. He's the reason that I decided against the radiation choice. If you have to make this decision, I know of people that did it but seem no worse for wear. You may want to ask questions and research the side effects that are possible.  If you are traveling my journey, may God bless you with his healing touch. I know he loves you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment