Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Share with the your Family and Friends


Scripture of the Day:
Psalm 107:20 (NLT)
He sent out His word and healed them, snatching them from the door of death.
 




March 21, 2011

I thought of so many things I wanted to write in here driving home yesterday. They ALL escape me. I feel closer to Gwyndra (my sister-in-law) than ever. Sad our common issue is cancer. It was her birthday yesterday. When Diane (my mother-in-law) calls David now on the weekend, she wants to talk to me. I’m thinking she wants to hear my voice so she can hear that I’m ok.  I did get some more cross stitch on the Angel of Hope done.  I have done 2 of these already. One was for Gwyndra when she had her cancer back in 1992. The second was for Bryan and his hope to work on Broadway. This one is for me. She’s going to look a little different than the first two. She will have wheat colored dress instead of white like the others.
 

We went to listen to Evan (our son) play at Awful Arthur’s. The food was decent and they were great. Jess and the kids came to. They got to hear their daddy play. He was so nervous. But once he settled down, it was all good.

I called a parent to tell her that her daughter had scored so high on the entrance exam that they predicted that she can have her GED within 30 days. She is currently an 18 year old sophomore. She has missed a lot of class originally due to asthma. And then it became a habit. She knew about my breast cancer. My other students have only been told that I am sick. She then told her mother about me. Her mother told me that I’m on their prayer list at her church. She made me realize…well…you find out who your friends are when the going gets tough. You find out who your friends are…WOW! The supportive family and friends that have been put in my path is awesome. Thank you Lord.

We had a department meeting this afternoon. Rosie said to me, “I can’t wait 'til this is all behind you so you’ll smile again.” I didn’t realize that I had stopped. I guess it does show. Until now the faculty hadn’t been informed. I didn’t realize that Mr. Pohl had put it out that I needed sick days in the email.  When I walked down the hall, everyone that I saw stopped and gave me a hug. I couldn’t figure out why at first….then that so many colleagues cared enough to seek me out and give me hugs.

 

October 30, 2013

I don't know if I've said before, or maybe this is the first time you've read about my cancer, but I was a special education teacher at the high school level when I was diagnosed. I now know of a few teachers that have had breast cancer and didn't share. I would suggest that you not be so afraid to share.  People may not know what to do for you except give you a hug. Those hugs went a long way for me, however. Everyone told me about prayer chains I was added to. I have to say I'm a firm believer in the power of prayer and because I'm sharing with you today is proof. If you don't share, then they won't know to add you to their prayer chains.

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with his healing touch. I know He loves you.

Standing on the Promises of God This song by Alan Jackson helped me get through. It reminded me to stand on the promises of God and have faith.

Teeny Tots Treasures- I maintain two blogs. You may find this one of interest on a lighter note. The crafting that I do has also kept me sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment