Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Scripture of the Day:
Psalm 30:2
 O Lord my God, I cried unto Thee and Thou has healed me.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
March 6, 2011


It hasn’t been that hard coming back to school today, except when Bailie saw me and she started crying.

Nicole tells me that because of me, she’s scheduled her mammogram and MRI. She has that genetic factor for breast cancer. She said her oncologist never got results from the doctor (the same doctor I had two years ago). This doctor told her if she didn’t want to worry just have the breast removed! So I called my Gyn. office and told them I was bringing copies of my records so far from Portsmouth Naval an asked for copies work she sent to them. They said they’d have it ready. I’m curious what will be there.

Chuck (my brother-in-law) sent me some scriptures. I’ve asked myself am I that strong or am I in denial? I’m already weak. The question should be “am I strong enough in my faith.” Psalms 103:1-5 moved me the most, spoke the loudest to me. But am healed and I have to acknowledge who healed me. But especially Psalms 103 vs. 5. He renews my youth like the eagles. I’ve been saying I could come out of this in better shape than I have been in a while.
·        Practitioners act as though disease catches people rather than by the understanding that people catch diseases by becoming susceptible to seeds of illness to which we are all exposed
What “seed” am I susceptible to? I’m thinking that’s not necessarily true. I know we make choices that lead to certain things. But I can’t help but think that this was God’s idea. I feel confident I’ll survive and I’ve always said if it must happen let it be me. I’ll gladly take this burden so my husband, children, mother and family don’t have to. So I’m ready. (Warm, fuzzy feeling – stupid grin)
At some point every day, I’ve said “I have breast cancer”. (That has not changed in the 2 1/2 years since I wrote this). Dr. Siegel says I should stop that. Act and live like I don’t have cancer. He also stated miracle healings are not acts of God. I disagree. They can be and are.
I got an email from Linda M. it says:
Dear Tobie, the next survivor of Breast Cancer!
It goes to God every time you say it…We will say it with you!!!! God is good…is with you every second of the day! You have the personality to beat this. I have heard that attitude is so important (and you have attitude ☺)!!!
Can we add you to our church prayer chain? Call or write if you need anything...prayer, food, an ear…
Of course I told her yes put me on their prayer chain. This was such an uplifting email.


No comments:

Post a Comment