Friday, November 1, 2013

Reactions to the News

Scripture of the Day:
 
Isaiah 38:20 (NLT)
Think of it – the Lord is ready to heal me! I will sing His praise every day of my life with instruments in the Temple of the Lord.
 
 
March 22, 2011


Sarah B. called me last night to tell me what she did to poor Edmund (her dog) last night. In short, she tossed the cat away from her and hit Edmund with it. But as we talked, she says she would not choose a double mastectomy. She told that she and Jenna went out and bought Breast Cancer…I wish I could remember what she said they bought…a beautiful thought, gone. The important part is that they went out and supported Breast Cancer with their purchase.
I see people in the halls here at school. They either give me hugs or look at me – not sure how to act. You can see those people do a small double take, then smile and move on. Not that I’m offended. It’s just weird. I’ve been telling my classes that I have to be out for 6 weeks…not why. Most are taking it in stride. Courtni went off the deep
end. “You can’t Mrs. Davis, you just can’t”. I told her I’d be back on May 9th.  “Before exams?”  I told her yes. She said, “Oh. Ok. “   It was kind of funny.
I forgot. With the saline implants I will get tattoos for the nipples. I told Mom and Becky that Dad would be rolling over in his grave (grin) and the only one who could see my tattoos is God and David. Then I got to thinking...and my surgeon, and my oncologist and my plastic surgeon, and my gynecologist, and my MRI techs, and any lab people and nurses involved …
I forgot to mention. Pamela L. posts a scripture every morning. Some of them really move me. Hebrews 13:5, Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee came from one of her posts. He has not forsaken me. He’s been my rock, right there with David. She is in the hospital for a tumor (Lord heal her please, in Jesus Name, Amen) So, I’m missing her morning scriptures. I told Johnnie, her sister,  to tell her she makes a difference in my life.
My teacher assistant interfered in a debate between me and a student. She is suddenly being over protective. I understand and appreciate her even if I had it under control. I told another class that I would be out for 6 weeks and Isiah told me not to “worry, God’s got you”. I almost lost it, bless his heart.
I’ve started getting get well or support cards. I have so far received from Janice and Ron, Erin and Kim. I really never understood that I was cared for by so many people.
 
October 31, 2013
I actually went to my plastic surgeon today to make sure my implants are still fine.  I if you are going through this I hope your doctors are as great as mine. We talking about the changes he sees in me since he last saw me, about a year ago.  I was explaining that I may have visible breasts that show under my shirt, but they are NOT mine. They still feel like someone has attached these things to the front of me. But, believe me, I'm ok with that. He remembers me being down and the load I carried at the time was heavy. He says the difference is really good and he is glad to see it. So keep the faith. It does get better. If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with his healing touch. I know He loves you.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment