Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Do What the Doctor Tells You. You'll be Glad You Did


Scripture of the Day:
III John 2: 2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
 



April 4, 2011
I got more get well cards today. One from Hope Combs – the West Building nurse and the other from the West building faculty and staff that included a $50.00 gift certificate to Farm Fresh. I am continually amazed and the kindness and generosity.
I forgot to mention that on Monday before I went into surgery, they did a nuclear imaging test. This involved 4 shots into my nipple. What hurt like hell was what they injected into me. It was awful and made me feel like I made the right decision in having both removed. As miserable as I am. I’d hate to go through that and this again for the other breast at a later date. I’m glad I went with the double.
Today hasn’t been as great. We bought flowers, but I couldn’t pick up flowers to see what kind of care they needed. They were too heavy. This is frustrating. My oxygen exchange is improving and yesterday’s PT was better than the day before. Today my right triceps aches. I’m afraid of anything that resembles swelling. But I did write and type more than ever. I can fell tension in writing this. I still have today’s PT to do.
November 12, 2013
Once you have completed your surgery it is not over. I was limited to how much I could lift and how long I could stand. I had Physical Therapy that I had to do daily to get the range of motion back in my arms. I couldn't lift them over my head. Do what the doctor tells you, even if you hate it. I hated the PT. But I have full range now. My husband and I decided that we would get out daily. He was able to take most of the 6 weeks off me. This kept me from getting too depressed and wanting to hide at home. So when it discusses getting flowers, it was spring and we were going to plant new flowers in our yard. It was frustrating that I could only watch and "supervise". But they were beautiful.
 
If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with his healing touch. I know he loves you.


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment