Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Getting Through the Bad Days.


Hope is some extraordinary spiritual grace that God gives us to control our fears.
~Vincent McNabb
 
 

 
April 9, 2011
 
Today has not been a great day. I missed Brittany’s wedding (my niece). I’ve been in tears on and off all day. Evan and Jess sent me a beautiful card. We went to see the St. Jude home. We weren’t impressed. I’ve read and cross-stitched. But I’m so tired of not being normal. No sex, never comfortable – sitting, standing, walking, lying down, writing.  I watch people doing what I once took for granted. I get so tired so easily. I am on less pain killers than usual today, though. Did RSVP to Michael’s (nephew) wedding invitation with a yes. I hope I can go.
Just read on Facebook. Joyce says a prayer for me every day at 1100 P.M. I’ll have to pause and let it come to me new. How neat is that?
November 19, 2013
There were so many things that I missed because of this disease. We were planning to visit Germany to see our daughter, Emily stationed with her husband there. We didn't get to go. But I have survived to go to Germany 3 times to see our new and youngest grandchild, Luke.  
I did and suggest to any other survivor, breast cancer or other, keep busy. It will help you get through. Don't sit around feeling sorry for yourself if you can help it. But if you do have a pitty party, and I did, be able to forgive yourself and try again. Knowing that my cousin, Joyce says a prayer for me every day at 11:00 is such a wonderful and strong connection for the day. I'll have to ask her if she still does that even now, 2 1/2 years later.
If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with his healing touch. I know he loves you.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment