Thursday, November 7, 2013

What I Went Through before Surgery

Scripture of the Day:
Matthew 8:7
            And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.

 
March 26, 2011


I slept lousy last night. It doesn’t help that I can’t take Nyquil for allergies. I haven’t been able to take anything since Wednesday. Special bras were supposed to come either yesterday or today. I hope it’s today. I get the most wonderful hug every morning. I wondered to David if I’ll be able to get them afterward, He said maybe, especially if I’m on drugs. Emily sent a text. She’s flying in at 6:30 PM tomorrow, right here to Norfolk. We don’t have to go to Baltimore to get her like we did in the past.

Mark and Susan gave me, rather lent me some flannel button up shirts since I probably can’t wear my warm pull over stuff because I won’t be allowed to raise y hands over my head at first. But I do need a new winter coat. The down is all sideways in this coat. Maybe, they’ll be on sale since its spring. I’m glad it’s happening in the spring when there’s renewed life and hope.

And life goes on…just emptied my closet of my favorite pull over shirts and sweatshirts since I can’t wear them for a while. This leads to a Salvation Army run. There’s lots of room in my closet now.

I picked out Lilly’s Second Chance. She looks so much like Ebony.

Aunt Nita just called me. I bawled, so much family reaching out to me before Monday. How wonderful.

We played Euchre with Mark and Susan. It was the first time this year. It was a good way to spend Saturday night.
November 6, 2013
You may not realize, but before major surgery, you cannot take certain over the counter medications like pain killers, or Nyquil. These are blood thinners and they don't want your blood doing that while your on the table. I understand why, but it makes it difficult if you have a head ache or stuffy nose.
It's pretty sad that you're concerned about whether or not you'll be able to hug people. Up until this point, hugs were getting me through in some ways. It was good to be able to laugh about it in that I'd have painkillers that would help me not feel when I'm giving or getting hugs.
Until the breast cancer came along, I bred Cocker Spaniels. Lilly's Second Chance was to be a new mama dog for me. She was my second Lilly. The first that I bought died of parvo, well before I was diagnosed. Lilly's Second Chance was a granddaughter to my male cocker spaniel, Tucker.
My Aunt Nita is a breast cancer survivor also. I also have an aunt-in-law that is a breast cancer survivor.
If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with his healing touch. I know he loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment